It is true that video is thriving on Twitter. The company reports that videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with images and 3 times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with GIFs. As a matter of fact, Twitter ranks as the number one platform for “coming across video” organically, rather than searching it out specifically. However, many people still struggle for sharing their videos on Twitter. Therefore, in this post today we will show you how to post videos on Twitter.
Read more questions about Twitter and other apps at
About Twitter videos
Why do we use Twitter for videos?
The answer is definitely its convenience when making use of this feature of Twitter. You already use Twitter to keep up to date with news, trending topics and what your friends are up to. It’s also a great place to share interesting and meaningful videos and clips from your daily life.
Some technical limitations of Twitter videos
1. File types must be MP4 or MOV (mobile).
2. Videos you share on the web site must be MP4 video format.
3. Videos must be under 2 minutes and 20 seconds in length.
4. Videos must be under 512MB in size with a bitrate of 25 Mbps or lower than that.
5. Videos must be formatted between 32 x 32 and 1920 x 1200 resolution.
6. The aspect ratio must be 2.39:1 or less.
7. The maximum frame rate is 40 fps.
If your video doesn’t meet these requirements, uploading to YouTube might be a better alternative.
How to post videos on Twitter
How to post a video on Twitter from the website
Remember that all the videos you post via the Twitter website need to be in MP4 format. If your videos are not in that format, use an intermediate app to convert them.
1. Access to the website of Twitter from your browser and log in to your account.
2. Click on What’s happening on the top of the screen or Tweet in the bottom of the dashboard on the left of the screen.
3. Click the picture icon on the bottom left of What’s happening section. Then, choose the videos from your PC.
4. Type down anything you want to share with your tweet.
5. Click Tweet to finish uploading your video on Twitter.
How to post a video on Twitter from your Android devices.
Before going into the instructions, make sure that you have downloaded Twitter on your Android phones.
1. Open Twitter app on your smartphones.
2. Tap on the + icon at the bottom right of the screen to write a new tweet.
3. Next, tap on the picture icon on the left of the options bar.
Now you will go directly to the phone’s gallery. Then, choose the video you want to upload on Twitter.
4. Edit your video. If your video is longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds, you have to trim it to match the Twitter video requirements.
Here’s how to adjust your video’s length:
– Drag the left end of the blue bar to the place where you want the video begin.
– Drag the right end of the blue bar to the place where you want the video end.
– Drag the center of the blue bar to shift the entire selection.
5. Tap on Done.
6. Enter the caption you want to go with the video.
7. Tap Tweet to finish posting your video on Twitter.
So far, we have guided you on how to post videos on Twitter on both PC and Android phone platforms. Hope this tip will help you have the best experience when using Twitter. Please share this post with your friends if you find it useful, and feel free to leave your questions below if you face any troubles following our instructions. Thanks for reading and supporting!